Portlands Energy Centre supplies the electricity needs of downtown Toronto. Located in east downtown core, Portlands Energy Centre is along a waterfront property, and it surrounded by vast park lands. This exciting organization offers applicants a chance to be a part of the team that runs downtown Toronto’s only power plant!
Portlands Energy Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and compliance with the current collective agreement. Our employees are company, community, and environmentally focused. We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for the interviewing process will be contacted.
We are currently hiring for an Assistant (Power) Shift Engineer.
Portlands Energy Centre requires an Assistant Shift Engineer. The successful applicant will strive to enhance our community’s quality of life by providing safe, clean, efficient and reliable electricity to the city of Toronto and province of Ontario. The successful applicant will report to the Operations Manager. The successful applicant will: be responsible for ensuring the safety of our employees and our neighbours, be a team player, possess strong analytical aptitude, show attention to detail, have excellent communication skills, be willing to take part in continuing education, be creative, think logically, have good problem solving skills, and have excellent technical knowledge.
Typical duties and responsibilities include: shift operation of the power plant, feed water testing, trouble shooting technical issues and applying operational skills in maximizing energy production and efficiency. This includes the application of problem solving skills in real time, managing outage activities and aiding in the development of and adherence to operation procedures.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work on a rotating 12hr shift; operating and maintaining gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators, a triple pressure steam turbine, and associated ancillary equipment.
- Participate in the establishment and achievement of plant operational objectives.
- Communicate effectively through our computerized maintenance management system, and be familiar with PLC/DCS/HMI interfaces.
- Responsibly perform various safety functions including: lockout, hazard assessment/job safety analysis, active control of contractors.
- Participate in routine preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment.
- Operate equipment safely and reliable, in accordance with O. Reg. 219/01. Execute start-up, shutdown and operation of the plant consistent with PEC operating procedures.
- 2nd or 3rd Class Power (Operating) Engineer Certificate
- Experience in combined/simple cycle power plants preferred
We thank all applicants in advance, only applicants selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org